Do you think you are overweight?

Thursday, January 20, 2011

WHAT'S IN MY PLATE?

The last 3 days I have not had a breather to write in my blog, so here goes, a quick summery of the last 3 days. The main purpose of my blog is really to keep a record by posting what I am doing on a daily basis. At the end of my project I can look back and reflect on all the crazy things I’ve tried and then I’ll also be able to see what did work and what didn’t work for me. So here goes, the last 3 days in a nutshell.



Tuesday, 18 January 2011


First thing in the morning on an empty stomach, my alcalising supplement


Followed by 1 hour of exercise: 30 minutes mild yoga, 30 minutes cardio


Then came breakfast. Today I decided to try something new. Because of my IBS I can’t eat any roughage in the morning, I can really only have half a slice or 1 slice of white bread, lightly toasted. Any whole wheat or brown bread or whole wheat cereals give me cramps like mad and the whole IBS just flairs up again. So, today I’m trying a Low GI Linseed and Soy bread that is really a white bread, but a very healthy one I hope. I added very little marg and a micro waved poached egg. Now, I still needed something "live" on my plate and decided to add half a avo.








Here’s a close-up of the bread’s texture





Unfortunately for me, it did effect my IBS. So will try and do it differently tomorrow.



For lunch I had a vegetable soup with a chicken it. I’m not calling it chicken soup, because there is so little chicken in there. For my recipe, please visit my I LOVE food page on facebook.






For supper we had mash potato’s and green beans with a green salad on the side (my usual lunch salad showed in previous posts). I had very very little mash and LOTS of salad.



Wednesday, 19 January 2011


First thing in the morning on an empty stomach, my alcalising supplement


Followed by 1 hour of exercise: 30 minutes mild yoga, 30 minutes cardio




So, despite the gas and cramps yesterday morning I decided to add just half a slice of the linseed and soy bread. Great idea!!! It worked really well! No gas and no cramps. The rest of my plate was thin asparagus with lemon juice and salt, alfalfa sprouts (quite a lot of them) and 1 poached egg made in the microwave!






And on the side – Leef in God se Liefde (Live in God’s Grace / Love)


Such an enspiring and loving piece for the day, it actually energised me to jump right into the day from there.



Lunch was the usual green stuff salad.



Supper: We decided on green vegetables stir fry and a little bit of chicken added. On noodles.


I fried some unions, flash fried the small chicken pieces/strips and added little by little as I washed and chopped: peas, green peppers, green beans, baby spinach, spring unions, cabbage, parsley, water, very little sweet chilli sauce, salt to taste and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. I added some portugese chicken spice to the chicken before flash frying. The water I added made it’s own sauce with all the delicious flavours from the veg. It was so yum, so green, so simple, but so yum.



It seems I’m going GREEN this year on demand of my body!!!!






Thursday, 20 January 2011 – today.


First thing in the morning on an empty stomach, my alcalising supplement


Followed by 1 hour of exercise: 30 minutes mild yoga, 30 minutes cardio


1 poached egg, half a slice of linseed and soy bread, asparagus with lemon and salt, very little alfalfa sprouts, just enough to put onto the half a slice of toast. Trying to use the alfalfa sprouts sparingly as I don’t have lots left from the batch I made, I eat it with every meal!


Started making a new batch of alfalfa sprouts this morning.


Lunch came very late. I got so carried away with work, only made lunch at 14:45. I was naughty, I had 2 slices of white bread with the following on: very little marg, alfalfa sprouts, watercress leaves and rocket leaves, thinly sliced cucumber and half a avo.


It tasted like more!!!!!!!


I have had lots of water inbetween meals, a multi-vitamin supplement during or just after breakfast. I have had some coffe, weak coffee with only 2 t sugar (big improvement for me). Overall my IBS is not too bad. I had some effects from the lindseed bread at first, but it was like a shock response and now I can eat it again.


Supper tonight? Not sure yet, still have to make it, but it may include some green stuff and some artichoke!!!!

Feel free to comment on WHAT IS IN YOUR PLATE and to share what you are eating if you are trying to work on your body.

No comments: