Do you think you are overweight?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BREAKING THE FAST / FEAST (DAY 2)

It’s Monday, 10 January 2011.



I refer back to my research on the various methods of detoxing your body and remembered a supplement my Mom bought for me 2 months ago. Multiforce Alkaline powder – Natural Minerals. When she gave it to me to take I had no interest in taking it. It’s good for so many things, but taste so bad!!!!


Now I think it’s time to start using it.


“This alkaline Powder will bring sustained balance to the body as a whole. Typical acidic conditions such as arthiritis, rheumatism, circulatory ailments and exhaustion are all favourably influenced by the availability of calcium, magnesium and potassium. This powder can be used to assist the body with nautralizing acid levels which is the cause of hearburn, aching joints, and food cravings and if taken as a regular food supplement can have multiple benefits for you”






So, from now on I should start my day on this. 1 teaspoon into + - 100ml of ice tea followed by a glass of clear water. Mixing it into the ice tea or fruit juice makes it drinkable for me, then I have the water following that. This has to be taken on an empty stomach.



Now it’s measuring and weigh in time! Not to bad I dropped from 71.6 to 69.6kg! Yeah.

Time for 6 AM yoga, because it’s Monday!!!! And that’s what I must do. But, the honest truth is that I really enjoy it, my whole body feels great after just 30 minutes of easy yoga exercises. And did I feel good there after.

After yoga I juiced some red apples, red grapes, a beet and 1cm ginger root. Yummy, with wheat grass Green Power and good for my digestive system.

Following that I proceeded to make a breakfast. First day of “food” to chew for breakfast in 4 days. I was just so excited.


And it was yum!!!!!


This recipe came from the cover of a food magazine that I just saw in passing by sometime last year. ASPARAGUS!!!! I always use to eat asparagus with cheese sauce a long with other stuff for supper, until I saw this magazine cover.


I boil the asparagus for 5 min on high in the microwave in very little water, lid on, so it kind-off steams. I make 1 egg, also in the microwave in a nifty little container I have to do it in. 1 min 30 seconds in microwave. The freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper and there’s my breakfast. Egg, lemon and asparagus, who would have guessed. I LOVE it. Fell in love with it last year. Asparagus are currently in season (here in SA), so now’s a great time to eat it and to enjoy it at a low price!





 
Lunch time was the delicious green salad again. I'm loving all these green things! I'm going green this year!!!! LOL

 

But now supper was a complete different story altogether. Hubby was home, and yes, have to feed him too. We were on our afternoon walk in our neighbourhood when the two of us together decided home made pizza it is, we even make the dough!!! And this time the crust had spring unions added!!!! I had cottage cheese on my pizza instead of cheddar or Tussers or mozzarella.


I decided to have only 2 slices and a heap of finely chopped green leaves such as baby spinach, rocket and watercress. I had the pizza and the salad together. It was delicious.


I wasn’t sure if my stomach could handle it at this stage, but I was fine! And I did not overeat!


:-)


No comments: