Do you think you are overweight?

Sunday, January 9, 2011

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS and PAIN AND SUFFERING


So, it’s about to break into a new year (31 Dec 2010) when we were all sitting around a BBQ when I decided to ask if there’s anyone with some exciting new goals and resolutions for this new year. To my surprise everyone’s consensus were just as mine: I don’t really do new years resolutions. The new year usually just comes and life goes on.


Well, this year it’s different. I decided that I have to make some resolutions and set some goals.


Goals give you direction, Goals give you a purpose in life, Goals will put drive and passion into your life , not having goals is like going down the Zambizi in a rubberduck with no ores!!!! Chances are good that you’ll drop over the edge! Because, you will be dobbering around, enjoying the view (just living life) when the next moment you hear crashing water, yes, it’s the waterfall and now there’s no way of getting out!


Firstly I need to lose those “10kg” just need to lose the 3.something kg’s first then the 10kg’s. 


In general, I just want to concentrate on myself this year, as in on my body, my physical health and my physical strength! I know I need to find ways to deal better with my IBS, eat the good stuff, exercise. Sometimes it just feels like a never ending battle! But there is power in focus!


And so came Monday 3 January 2011.


Luckily for me I have already gotten into a habit of getting up just before 6:00 AM to start my yoga routine exactly at 06:00AM, and so I did exactly that.


After my yoga, which is a 30 min tape that I do in the privacy of my own home, I decided to extend my exercise routine for a further 30 minutes of cardio airobics, also a tape with many different programs that I do in the privacy of my own home. I specifically went for the hips, buns and thighs programme.


So now I have done the stretching, endurance and breathing that comes with the yoga. After this I did the cardio. That was 1 hour of training.


I felt great!!!!  Until the next morning – woke up with a bit of stiff muscles.


And whoala, after the yoga, the stiffness and sore muscles were relaxed and ready or more training. I decided to go for the programme with lots of squats and lunges followed by some mat training targeting those eeewwwwy areas!


The next morning I felt tired and exhausted. I decided to sleep a little bit later, then did the yoga, and that is as far as it went. I discovered a bit of a runny nose and did not want to take any chances with heavy cardio.


No comments: