Do you think you are overweight?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

EMBRACE YOUR BODY

Yesterday morning I had the most relaxing bubble bath! It was divine. My hubby was sleeping in after a stressful week for him at work, while I enjoyed the quiet house and quiet time with myself and my Maker.



While I was lying in the bath and gave my feet a good scrubbing down, gently exfoliating the skin around all the rough areas. I found myself staring at my toes, thinking: Poor little ones, you are actually so pretty. This year I will try and treat you better and I will try not to forget about you. You, my poor little feet, have carried me through so many ups and downs in life, figuratively speaking, but also literally speaking.

 

These thoughts took me right down memory lane on a my very first 3 day hike in the mountains. I weighed + - 53 kg then. I remember how easy it was. Yes, my feet also got a little sore like every body else’s, but it was not that bad. And then I remembered my last 1 day hike at 69kg’s, WOW, it was horrible, I could barely carry myself and 1 bottle of water, let alone an overnight hiking bag!

Oh how I would like to go on a proper hike again and not feel the strain of my own wait bogging me down!


I was reminded to be so thankful for all the parts of my body that I have. Each so unique. Each has purpose. Each is essential. Yet, I often forget that they are even there!



No comments: