Do you think you are overweight?

Monday, January 10, 2011

JUICE FEAST (DAY 2)

I woke up fresh and without a headache!!! Fabulous. I gulped down some water and crawled out of bed. It was time for 6 AM yoga, but it was already 8 AM, oh dear!!!! I decided to do my yoga anyways just to limber up my body and to stretch and breath a bit seen that breathing helps to eliminate toxins too. (It’s Friday, 7 January 2011).


So yesterday was a good experiment to see what work and what doesn’t, so today should go better! Strangely it was now around 9 AM and I did not feel hungry at all.


I quickly recapped that it’s mainly fruit in morning and veg in afternoon, and rediscovered that it is recommended that both beet and cabbage must be taken in at least one juice a day!!! Oh dear, that cabbage!!!! Eeeewwww.


So this is how it went down!


Breakfast Juice – I stuck to the original recipe as it really worked for me:


• A hand full of parsley


• 4 carrots


• 3 small apples


• 1 heaped teaspoon of Green Power (increased to a heaped teaspoon)




Mix the green power powder with some water in a large glass. Juice everything else. Add juice to your green power mixture.




Then I proceeded to make my snack juice 1:


Ingredients:


• 1 thick ring of green lemon skinned and diced


• 1 small green apple


• 1 cup full of green grapes




I decided to be naughty and add another snack juice in the afternoon for + - 15:00. Ok, not to be naughty, but to be nice!!! I just felt amongst all this green stuff, I needed some red stuff.

And thus came about my own concoction of the afternoon snack juice 2:


Ingredients:


• 1 large beet (yes raw, but cleaned and ends cut off on both sides)


• 6 large strawberries


• 1cm of ginger root


• 2 red apples


• 1 cup of red grapes






Lunch juice:


I kept the original recipe with slight changes, no salt or pepper added today.


Ingredients:


• A hand full of parsley


• 2 large tamoto’s


• A large piece of cucumber (10 cm)


• 2 celery stalks


• 2 garlic clovers pealed






Dinner juice:


Greatly adjusted to make it more bearable! And I can almost say that I enjoyed it!!!!


Recipe:


• Quarter head of cabbage (I used a half a head the previous day)


• 2 celery stalks


• 2 large tomatoes


• 1 garlic clove


• 3 carrots


• A large piece of cucumber (10 cm)

• Small amount of parsley





And how did it go!?


I had my breakfast juice and felt VERY full and sleepy. I felt no hunger at all, but was very very tired suddenly. I nearly missed my snack juice. Although I wasn’t hungry at all I had the snack juice.




Throughout the morning I had to run to the toilet, at least 3 times if not more. Yes, the detox is working!!!! Very well!!!




It was late morning or shall we say early afternoon and I actually started feeling rather ill. Like flue like. My nose was runny, I was feeling cold. I just wanted to sleep! This I believe was a result of the toxins.




After I had my lunch juice I started feeling better and the afternoon went much better than the morning. About an hour after my red juice I had to run again, yes to the little room. All natural and should happen. The red juice was delicious and I loved it!




Problems I had:




Again another headache by late afternoon. But not as bad as the previous day, very light.


Yes, the going to the loo was not the most pleasant story.


By 7 PM after my evening juice I felt “hungry” – It’s not possible to be hungry now. I think it’s a mental thing, by now I was dying to just chew on something. So I took 1 maize cracker bread, broke it into 4 pieces and had just 1 quarter, just to chew something.




Additional notes:


Remember to drink lots of water in between “meals” !!!

No comments: