Do you think you are overweight?

Monday, January 10, 2011

JUICE FEAST (DAY 3)

It’s Saturday, 8 January 2011 and I have decided to take a day of rest quite literally!!! No yoga, lots of juice, and lots of sleep.

I made the exact same recipes of the previous day up to the afternoon juice.


I got up early and made my juices, then went back to bed after breakfast juice. I woke up a couple of times to drink water and go to the loo, but other than that I slept like a rock till 12:30, almost lunch time. Woah!




I had my snack juice at this time as I was slowly but surely waking up.


I felt so much better than the previous day. No flue like symptoms!!!!


1 hour later I had my lunch juice. Later that afternoon I shared my afternoon juice with hubby. He loved it!


I decided to put some soup on for the evening. They say that you should really only have soup the next, next day for lunch and supper. I thought what harm can it do it’s just a vegetable soup?






So how is one suppose to break the fast?


BREAKING THE FAST


DAY ONE


In breaking your fast, only consume fresh fruit such as apples, grapes, watermelon, and fresh berries.


Eat these as often as every two to three hours the first day after your fast has ended.


DAY TWO


The second day after your fast, you may eat fruit in the morning and fresh vegetable soup for lunch and for dinner.


Fill up on water and you may juice a couple times a day.


DAY THREE


The third day after your fast, you may add a salad and or a baked potato.


Also a slice of bread such as Ezekiel bread may be added.


DAY FOUR


Lastly, on the fourth day after your fast, you may add a small amount of free-range chicken, turkey, or fish.


Take your time and eat slowly.


So I still went ahead with the soup. Not the brightest of my ideas. After I had the soup that evening I felt sick in my stomach. My stomach was no happy with the 250ml of pure vegetable soup! Not happy at all.


And so I’m learning slowly, but I’m learning, it’s important to follow the instructions and where you are not happy with them get a second opinion.


I then had a good read through the mini manual on cleanse and detox from www.superfoods.co.za to see what they had to say. They suggested on breaking a fast to eat green vegetables, like a nice green salad with different types of green leaves, cucumber, avo and sprouts, some tomato’s can be added and some oil, lemon and salt & pepper to taste! Thank goodness for this second opinion.


The reason I went for the soup in the first place was the saltyness. I was so sick of sweet tasting stuff. I WANTED salt! So with the green salad, it’s a salty taste! I’m so happy for looking further.


This day was great. I got lots of rest, had my juices, I had absolutely no headaches, stool was better. The only oops was the soup.

No comments: