Do you think you are overweight?

Sunday, January 9, 2011

HOW DID THIS ALL COME ABOUT?

It was a few days before Christmas 2010. We were out for dinner with friends and family – and what got into my head ? I have no idea – out of the blue I whispered to Jaco (my husband): “So if I lose 10kg would you buy me a dishwasher?” He looked at me ‘star strucked’ and he replied “yes my love, I would get a kitchen designer in to refurb the counter to make space for the dishwasher and I would buy the dishwaser!”

I guess maybe I was sitting there thinking of the amount of dishes it would have been if we had had this dinner at home!

Needless to say, I don’t think he took me seriously.

I said deal, we shaked hands on it and my Mom cut the shake in two for us, not knowing what it was for and not bothering to ask.

So now this got me thinking. Do I really need to lose weight?

After a lot of thinking and naked stants in front of the mirror I realised that YES, I do!

The very next day I got onto the scale and guess what, I weighed 73.4kg. Goodness me. I really enjoyed my Birthday parties and it’s not even Christmas yet!!!!
After Christmas, 73.8kg. Oh dear. When I said I would like to lose 10kg’s, I thought I was still weighing 69kg which means I would need to weigh 59kg. The 10kg’s to lose has now almost become 14!

This is when I realised, as silly as our little bet or deal may have been that night out at dinner. I do really need to do something.

So that’s how this whole thing came about.

Feel free to stick around and take the journey with me.

I can not promise that I will be a success. Many before me have tried time and time again and have failed. I have an understanding that it is a very difficult thing to do this loosing weigh business. But I’m going to give it a shot.

1 comment:

Claudelle's Weight Challenge said...

Good luck, i am on the journey with u. now that Christmas is over i have once again added exercise after I had hurt my knee, i can finally exercise. Thinking of u. xoxo