Do you think you are overweight?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WHAT TO DO WHEN … HITS YOU?

Do you feel that there is always that something that get’s in your way. Like the insurance advert for MiWay: “It just jumped in front of me!”. With your weight and your general fitness and health, do you feel that there’s always that something that just “jumps in front of you”, something that stops you in your tracks and that derail you completely off the very good track you were on. You felt so positive about things and then suddenly there’s that dip.



I felt like that when I just got into my exercise routine and on time is the menstrual cycle. The things we should be grateful for as it indicates everything is in check. But it has been a set back for me everytime in the past. As if my menstruation = The physical fitness reset button. And back to square one I am!!! So I decided this year, this is one of my biggest challenges, to dismantle my reset button and to find a way to continue with my physical fitness plan despite pain, discomfort, etc. I think my mind was so set on getting past this that the first cycle was a piece of cake, there were 2 days that I couldn’t exercise, but what is 2 days out of a week, that is still 5 days of exercise for that week, gentle breathing, stretching and toning through yoga exercises. Cycle was over and I was completely back into the swing of things the whole week last week.



In the early morning hours of Friday (this past Friday) morning I woke up with an intense pain.



I knew this pain, I have had it before – it is definitely a urinary track infection. I was also hot and feverish, so I decide to get out of bed and to just go and lie down in the lounge or somewhere cooler than in the bed. The pain was so immense I started to groan! After a while I realised praying that I will fall asleep is not working, maybe I should take some panado, just so that I can sleep till morning to get some meds.



I took two panado’s – stayed on the coach till they started working – which took a good 30 minutes. And back to bed I went. The next morning it was panado’s again, a shower and off to the chemist. I decided to go the natural route, because the only treatment for a bladder or urinary trackt infection is anti-biotics and I was not about to go that route at this stage of my journey. I got some citric-soda which has Cranberry extract in it. So it treats symptoms, but the cranberry treats the infection and aids the body with the healing. I also got a homeopathic drop which is specifically for bladder irritations and infections as well as a homeopathic anti-inflammatory (yeah, maybe went a bit overboard). I started dosing straight away!!!!



How many more set backs am I going to have to face, next it will probably be a cold or worse the flue.



I also got some cranberry and other berry juices as this helps a lot. I started drinking a cold pressed berry juice, which has a pear base, straight away. BIG MISTAKE! Not even 30 minutes to an hour later I started having diarrhoea. Oh dear, just when I thought it couldn’t get worst!!!! I was on and off the loo the entire afternoon. Luckily I decided to keep on drinking lots of water in-between to stay hydrated. By the afternoon my hubby picked up some carcoal tablets for me and that helped a lot to sort out my stomach, though I had gas the whole weekend, sometimes quite painful. The normal cranberry juice I could still drink, thank goodness.



So this past weekend has really not been a lot of fun, I was quite sick still Saturday. Sunday I was better and yesterday I was just about back to my old self again.



Yesterday afternoon we managed to take a 45 minute walk after work.



Today it was 30 minutes advanced yoga and it felt great!!!



Although, at some point I really didn’t see where I was going to find the energy to continue my exercise programme I did.



One of the things that pulled me through was my weigh-in on Sunday morning. I was so excited to be + - 1kg down!!!! It lifted my spirits and inspired me to just keep on going, no matter what. To harness the POWER OF FOCUS. And to just keep on focussing on what I need to do just for today to get through it all, one thing at a time!


 


We all go through it! We all have those things that just “jump in front of us” and we feel like we’re not in control, like we can’t just swirf out and swirf back onto our original path, but perhaps we can, if we can just get our emotions and our mind to focus on the goal and to take into consideration the bigger picture.



Looking forward to hopefully AM yoga tomorrow morning! If not, we will turn it into PM yoga! But Yoga it will be.

‘A mind once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.’
What is it that usually leaves get's in your way of doing what you would like to?

No comments: