Do you think you are overweight?

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

LIFE - PART 2

As I look at and study the lives around me I realise how much there is to learn from others simply by observing their lives. We are all experiencing periods of pain, hardship, difficulty, EXTREME difficulty, adjustments, periods of content, happiness, excitement and JOY in life. We are influenced by these emotions and experiences daily. If we are not, we should become vigilantly aware and wake up from our sleep, because these periods and emotions in our lives is what gives us zest and courage to continue and carry on.



I am now in my own personal phase of spring. Winter has passed.


Winter has truly been a dormant, long, cold period on many different levels for me. It feels like it has been winter for 15 months!!!


I am ecstatic that spring has arrived!!! There is a scent in the air of a new and fresh phase. And I am eager to take on the challenges I am faced with. At the same time I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed and at times uncertain about the future, but there is a soft yet confident voice inside of me that assures me that all will be well.


My biggest challenge in this summer phase of my life is finances. Money makes the world go round!!! And at the same time, money can’t buy you love!!!! Money can’t make things happen for you!!! But lack of money does not make things easier either. Our finances are a bit tight and we have major planning and goals happening currently. My biggest challenge will be to sustain my healthy eating habits. Some statistics to point out my concern.


American Statistics (SA is not far off, I think if we had statistics they would be worse or similar on this subject):


“We tend to blame the obesity epidemic in the United States on people making the wrong lifestyle choices -- for example, eating a Big Mac instead of carrot sticks or Twinkies instead of an apple.


New research shows, however, that the price of healthy food may be too high for many low-income families to afford, and experts say the government needs to step in.”


http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Diet/story?id=3807128&page=1


“That’s what University of Washington researchers found when they compared the prices of 370 foods sold at supermarkets in the Seattle area. Calorie for calorie, junk foods not only cost less than fruits and vegetables, but junk food prices also are less likely to rise as a result of inflation. The findings, reported in the current issue of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, may help explain why the highest rates of obesity are seen among people in lower-income groups.”


http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/05/a-high-price-for-healthy-food/






Fruit & Veg is becoming increasingly expensive by the month in South Africa. It is also becoming more of a challenge to source organic or at least just good quality fruit and vegetables too.


To add onto the price factor the challenge of getting through detox no 2 since I started this project (Project My Body). I will be tackling that soon. Thank goodness for this blog as I will have to check all my notes on the first bloggings to see recipes and ways that I did things, just to make sure all is on track.


Secondly I am faced with a bit of chaos at home and a regularly find my thoughts wondering off, thinking of money and how more of it will solve my chaos problem. IT WILL NOT!!! Only elbow grease, time and lots of effort will resolve half the chaos problems I have. It is simply oversight due to a lack of time.


I will be meditating and concentrating on focusing my thoughts rather on organising, working hard, putting in effort than on buying items that will so called “help me to be more organised”.


EXCUSES ARE CRUTCHES FOR TH UNCOMMITTED.


*sigh*


But spring is in the air, the mood is changing and there is a scent in the air of change and fresh beginnings!


Will keep you posted!


No comments: