Do you think you are overweight?

Thursday, January 5, 2012

HEALTH


I am sure you are wondering why did I even put finances on and why firstly. It has a major impact on every day life. Without finances we also cannot receive the medical attention we need, when and if needed. It is vital to our survival in this world.


Health is equally so important for without health we cannot go to work, we cannot make any money, we cannot exercise and be disciplined and put in effort. Without health life becomes one long big pain.


So why do I hammer on health now…


Well, part of my body project was obviously to lose weight, but also to do it in a healthy manner. To support my body, to give it the nutrition it needs, etc. And I believe I have done that. However, over the past two months I have been having extreme pain in my legs at night; restless legs; terrible bruising; veins that just pop out on my legs; tiredness. It has also been the two months that I have not been eating too healthily for reasons explained as well as it being the December holiday season.


I decided to pay the Doctor a visit a couple of days before my 32nd B-day in Dec 2011. I said to him that I am not sure if I am just getting old and not accepting it, or that I may be losing my mind, or that my posture is wrong. . . and I explained my dilemma to him. After a physical examination he suggested that we draw blood and run a couple of tests as there may be a problem.


Unfortunately for me the blood was spilled in transit and I had to go back and get more blood drawn. Eina!!! Och! And worse, to get a vein seemed to be a mission as well.


The results were delayed, but a week later I went in to review the results. It turns out I have an auto-immune disease. More tests has not yet been done, but it is either Rheumatic Arteritis or Systematic Lupus or a combination of both.


I looked at the results and started feeling rather anxious. I have seen a similar blood result more than 13 years ago – it was Burkett’s Lymphoma – Cancer of the lymph system. I beat it then – I am sure what ever it is, I can beat it now.


I am currently putting a lot of energy into research. Not only on my condition, but also on a way to “cure” it! I have relocated since my last illness 10 years ago and my Doctor in Cape Town is now trying to help my find a Doctor here in Johannesburg that use the same treatment methods I used back then. It is alternative treatments, but from previous experience, it works.


I am very grateful that I have caught this early and that I was brave enough to investigate. Prevention is better than cure, but early treatment can prevent a lot of pain and horror in one’s life.


This is however leaving me somewhat obsessed with eating right and exercise although I do not really have the energy to pull anything through – I am giving it my best shot and I am blessed with friends and family that truly care and support me. Best of all, this time around I have a husband that loves me and it makes it so hard, but yet, so much easier.


No comments: